30 Years of.. is a new creative heritage project for the ex-mining community in St.Helens. This activity combines heritage and creative technology, it is suitable for people of all ages, from 8 to 98. This year it is 30 years since the 1984 miners’ strike, which opposed the government’s policy of pit closures. Re-Dock & MCQN ltd., are working with the ex-mining community of St.Helens to create an interactive exhibition of intelligent mining artifacts. Further details can be found here.
Children from Nutgrove Methodist school were recently treated to a tour of the Dream monument located on the site of the former colliery in Sutton Manor.
The class were very impressed with the trip and made the following comments:
- I enjoyed the walk up to the Dream. I enjoyed it with you Gary. I think it was the best trip ever, Thank You.
- I loved the School trip, I loved the Dream, thank you for taking us to the dream.
- I liked the Dream the best because it was jinamas and it was really interesting. Thank you for taking us there.
- I liked it when you said when we get round the corner there will be… the Dream. I was so excited and happy and amazed.
- I can’t believe that you know so much. I want to go again. Did you enjoy it Gary?
- Thank you Gary for telling us about the Dream Gary, now I know everything about the Dream!